Friday, September 30, 2011

Kyle is our helper! He is our "button pusher," as well, but he has the kindest heart and always the first to ask Jason or me if we need help with what we are doing, usually yard work or kitchen stuff are his favorites. So, we baked one afternoon while Reid was sleeping and took advantage of his half-day pre-k (did I mention he is now the ONLY kid doing this at his school? and he loves coming home early so great with me!). We made rice krispie pumpkins with a treat in the middle and then HE decided to run around to our neighbors and give them the treats. We only got one each ourselves! Also, I hosted several friends today that I have missed seeing and created these ghosts (think smores marshmallow-ish). Note to readers: Cooking 101 - when you try a new recipe, be sure to read the whole thing first. I started them at 9:00 last night, only to find that the eggs needed to be room temperature... started back at 9:45 only to discover they needed to cook for 1.5 hours. Oh well! It was a long day for me, considering it started at 4:40!


Thanks, Kyle-boy, for your caring and kind spirit!

This is my new "like" in our home. Inspired by my friend, Carrie, I took a twist on some of my favs of our boys. These are 11" square black and white canvases. I hope to create one for each boy at age 5, 10 or 12, and 18 (my Granny and Ken did this with their 5 children with beautiful photos and all of the younger generations love looking to see our parent and aunts/uncle at this age. okay, well, I enjoy it at least - can't speak for all of the cousins!). So, here they are so far! Since I didn't plan this, the photos are randoms in the high chair, laying on a blanket and then Reid's 4 month picture. These are all within a month of each other and the best I had on file! Keepers, no less! and our walls are not this ugly color of brown for those who have never visited - the light in the ceiling combined with the flash made for some funky colors and shadows!

2 comments:

Jeff & Carrie Pinter said...

Love the canvases, Stace! Turned out so cute! And can I have your Halloween recipes? What fun!

Kristy said...

Where did you get these and why didn't I see them on Friday?