Saturday, January 26, 2013

Christmas cards

Every December, I anxiously await the mail each day to see whose smiling faces will greet me in a Christmas card!  This year, we were lucky enough to receive, it seemed, a lot more than in years past. For those of you who read this AND send me photo cards, rest assured, your treasures aren't trashed. Each January, I go through the cards and cut out a photo from each card and put on our bulletin board in the utility room.  This is the one I am getting ready to undo from 2011 cards.... Blessed by great friends and family!  I have cut out the pictures from 2012 cards, but it was trendy this year to have a whole lot of little pictures, so we have a ton of 1" by 2" photos getting ready to replace these.  

When going through them, this one made me sad.  It's from a friend who has since passed away to heaven.  This is the Sutton family and is the last card Patsy would prepare.  I love her color selection, the trifold design, and how she was proud to show off her three boys and their families in it.  

Keep them coming!  We add to the board throughout the year, too, for little babies and other fun snail mail surprises!

No comments: