Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Two Reid stories
(and if you count our friend who is a substitute teacher telling us that he can be wild and crazy then that would make three stories!)

1. Monday morning at 5:42 a.m. I feel this gentle, constant tapping on my shoulder. I groggily roll over expecting someone to tell me they threw up or don't feel well.  NOPE!  It was Reid - he asked "hey, Mom, do you know where my bunny ears are?"  VERY worthy question at the hour of the day...

2.  Same day, just at night - I am trying to get him in bed 30 minutes early last night because of story #1 being awake so early.  An hour after I put him to bed, I hear a loud crash and run up to his room. After seeing all was okay, I sternly ask him to get back in bed and go to sleep and mention the baby monitor will tell me if he's up (which he has actually become so quiet it doesn't do any good for that anymore).  He proceeds to look right at me with his hands on his hips and says (and I quote), "You're a mean Mommy.  That's cheating.  I don't like having a baby monitor."  Yes, he said we were cheating with a monitor in his room.  I made it out of the room before smiling!

No comments: