Sunday, October 7, 2018

20th class reunion!

First off, I had to go through all of my high school stuff to get items to prepare for this event.  In my keepsakes box, I have this little treasure - from 4th grade when I got "Babtized" as the picture says.  One happy day - and I remember it pretty clearly!

Another blog worthy picture - Mrs. EMHS candidates from high school.  Four of us were pretty good friends and my friend, Becky, won the title!

Back on blog post track... here we go...
This is Friday before our reunion on Saturday.  The planning committee was 4 of the 5 class officers and then two local girls (the two bookends here).  I hadn't seen a few of them in 20 years!  We had a three hour lunch (and that's when I had to leave to get back to Stillwater) catching up on life - a lot of life had happened with those gals.
 

Friday night was Kayla's wedding.  Our entire office was able to attend!


We went from the wedding to 21C hotel which is where the reunion was located.  We had hopes of staying up late (it was already 11 at checkin!) and sleeping late.  HOWEVER, we were pretty much awake by 7:30 and tired of fighting the construction noise outside our window by 8:30.

so we went downstairs and decided to walk downtown, which has been 12 years since I have done this - so much has changed!  
But, first, a stop in the lobby with this lady!

Brunch...

stopped by the Memorial to see if old co-workers were there - they were! - and then to enjoy the exterior.

Back to work in the lobby...



handsome date!

In Honor Of table for our classmates...


Silly award trophies.
(side note: not an official award as we did Newest Newlywed, but based on the wedding dates submitted, Jason and I have been married the longest!)


we had a running slideshow of pictures from the yearbooks and our 10th reunion playing for five hours.

We cleaned up pretty nice!
Two of these girls were once my best buds - amazing how paths can change!



so he didn't buy a ticket and randomly showed up, but Yay!

We had a photobooth donated... and had fun!







Our class has some amazing sponsors/company owners!

At the end of the night, when one of your buddies who bought tickets, including drink tickets, is a no-show.... then you take his drink tickets and send him a selfie!

No comments: