Friday, August 13, 2021

Hershey bar sin

 Reid has been known to sneak a few snacks here and there, usually ones with a lot of sugar.  

Our family loves to do S'mores in the backyard fire in the spring and fall.  Reid wanted to do it during the blazing heat of summer so we obliged one night as we had all of the supplies.  It was great - typical and nice.

A few days later, as he was upstairs, he comes to me just sobbing.  Heaving shoulders, full, round tears streaming down his face, slobbery ugly crying.  

"Reid! Oh my gosh, what is wrong? Are you okay?" 

"Mom, I have sinned.  Really big."

"You're not hurt? You're okay?  What do you mean that you sinned? What did you do?"

"Mom, I took an entire hershey bar out of the freezer and I ate it today while you were gone at work, and I know God wasn't happy with that choice."

(me - laughing hysterically inside that all this drama is for eating chocolate - well, buddy, I'd be crying daily if this is how it went)

So, it opened the door for us to have a great conversation on the Holy Spirit moving, guilt, asking for forgiveness and it being granted to us through Jesus Christ's sacrifice on the cross.  

Bless Reid's sweet little heart...

No comments: