Monday, August 14, 2023

First Day of School and more!

These guys volunteered a few hours
of their morning to help total strangers move into their home.
What good little hands and feet of the church!
Look at our fun little name badges to wear at events. Love them! And it makes me so glad we're from a "fun shape" state and not one of the square blobs where you can't tell where someone is from without asking.
Happy birthday to Dad!  71!
Reid and I went to lunch with him and then we had a family dinner.
Last sleep late day!
Reid usually spent one of my two work days with me at work.
Schedule pickup with Izzy!
Several families of USAFA cadets honor the kids by celebrating from afar their march out and march back from Jack's Valley with a 6.2 walk/march/run.  We each did it as well.  It's so blasted hot. For me, the first three was really tough but the last 3.2 went much better. I was also on the phone dealing with work junk during that period so that may have been why it went faster.
Love my hang out time with the family.
The house is moving and getting older. We've been drywalling cracks recently and repainting.
When you get impromptu hangouts on the patio with friends = fun!

First day of school 2023-24!
Kyle is a Junior!
Reid is a 7th grader
Grant sent us these fun pictures!
Even on his Doolie white line. Ha!
He looked tired in this picture.
Bye bye to the minivan life after 18 years and two minivans...
and hello to really good gas mileage!
Kyle has been with us a few nights lately and it's been really nice!
Out with the twin bed in Reid's room...
...and in with a queen bed for Grant's new room.
It's a tight fit but it all fits great.
The pictures friends post of their kids dorm rooms cracks me up - this is a military dorm room.  Three kids piled in with metal desks and bunks and trunks to store their items. Everyone has matching bedding based on their graduation year. Doolie year is three guys to a room.

Hi. This is Eddie. My buddy. He follows me and cuddles with me.
Date night!
Okay, it was a triple date night but we'll still take it.

No comments: