Monday, February 26, 2024

HBD GJW!

We decided it would be too long to wait until spring break to see Grant and made a quick trip to COS to visit him. I headed out on a cheap flight on Friday and was able to get an extra afternoon of fun in with him.
Poster in the airport... of course Luke is on it.
I drove to Woodland Park, Manitou Springs, and Green Mountain Falls to check them all out. I also had looked at different hikes on campus to try. I opted for doing "the stairs" solo. There are 306 stairs (that's what the app said) and I decided to do it twice. SUCKING AIR.
Very unfortunately, the day after we left, the area at the bottom of the stairs and to the west were hit by a wildfire and made the news.

THIS PICTURE - made me happy. I was hanging out waiting on a bench overlooking the campus and I felt a reason to look right - and there he was!!! All soldiery and camo and grinning. 
After he attended a lecture, he changed and we headed out. Last time he'll see us on a weekend and have to wear his dress blues!!
The other fellas in the car!
Grant and I went to Cheddars for dinner and then to a movie.

Saturday was hiking, eating and driving gocarts!
Mom was not happy they did this.
He even got a cake!
Sunday morning right before dropping him back off.
They're so cute.

 Happy birthday, Grant - wish I was with you on your actual day but glad for the weekend!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Love all your updates! So glad you got to see G for his bday! Happy 19th, Grant!