Saturday, February 28, 2009

Weeks in Review

It seemed I was getting pretty regular on posting at least once a week, if not more. And then February hit, and I have been so bad about getting on here or even reading my friends' sites. I don't really know why but a bit was that I was suffering burn out or just flat out had other things to do when I had the time to come sit at the computer. So, here is at least a quick photo recap of us since mid-February.

Teeny tiny photo but here is a picture of Jason visiting Grant's class to talk about dental care (February is National Dental Health Month). Grant was such a great helper showing his friends how to keep your mouth open and how to brush and how to wear the "bib" at the office. We just laughed and laughed listening to the kids' questions and comments. Four year olds are funny!!!


Can you tell who Mickey is? I'll give you a hint: he's nearly turning 30 and likes to be a goofball. This was a great birthday party (bday girl in red shirt, Grant in camo jeans) at a local gym. Valentine's Day afternoon. That evening we all cooked a great meal together and then we rented two movies that night - the last one being Fireproof. If you haven't seen it and you are married, please go rent it. It's a religious-based movie on how to work through problems in your marriage (or I guess any relationship with someone). Jason especially was very inspired by this film and I want to thank Kirk Cameron and crew for creating such a movie in this day and age. Good work. Here's Grant with his new Cars watch. The best $7 I have ever spent at Walmart. He loves this thing and tells me the time now when I ask him - it's "seven two six."

Had a few playgroups and friends come to our house and play outside. We had our meeting for our 2008 taxes and what we thought and had predicted was going to be a dreadful outcome, it actually came out with a refund for us this year! that's a huge yippee. Now we hope to re-do our driveway (if you've been here, you know why!). That same day, we fulfilled a "dream" of Grant's to go meet Chuck E. Cheese. Just so happened it was two days after the one we would normally visit was half blown away by the tornado so we went to the other one - and there isn't a Chuck E Cheese Band there!!! Total bummer. However, he and Kyle both had fun spending time playing and with GG and Bubba. The pizza was awful, tho.

This is our tent. Many an afternoon in the past month have been spent playing with our Hot Wheels in this. (PS - I am kind of (really) sick and tired of it!!!!). Kyle has really gotten the hang of yelling "mommy, pay cars!" (that's how he says play). Then grabs my leg and pulls me if I resist. He has also gotten the hang of saying "No Way!" if I ask him to do something that his little heart doesn't feel like doing. It has created a lot of instances of me totally wanting to laugh so I have a delayed parental disciplinary reaction. What a toot. Catey loves to get right in the middle of whatever we're doing on the floor. Who knew my KAO blanket from Catherine would ever get so much use 10 years later?!?!

Along with playing tent and cars, I try to work with Grant on something educational while Kyle is napping (I miss daily Grant naps!). He hasn't cared much about drawing lately but he did pull this out the other day. Don't I look just so pretty there? I have on a skirt "because that is what girls wear, Mom" although he rarely sees me in one. You can tell I drew Jason, Kyle and Catey - but they aren't that much better! Drawing was never a great aptitude of mine (nor was singing - wish I could).

This is one of my favorite pictures of Kyle. It is SO him. This child just LOVES shoes. Serious shoe fetish. He will "disappear" in to his closet for minutes at a time just trying on shoes, taking them off, putting on new ones, etc. The whole time saying "oh shoes! Pretty shoes." He just loves them. It's quite hilarious because in all other ways, he is SO boy. At least I know who to take shopping with me in the future for help picking out the latest fashions and styles.

We've also missed some birthdays this month - sorry for slacking. Also had a baby shower for one of my great friends from my Bible study group. Signed Grant up for YMCA soccer - he is so excited.
Oh my gosh - can't believe I forgot to tell! :) Hee. This is my fun section - last Saturday night, Jason and I decided at the last minute to get a babysitter so we could go listen to a friend of his playing in the band at Eskimo Joes that night. First off, major accomplishment for him to go - in college, it was pulling teeth to get him to go there with my friends rather than to the Tumbleweed with his (ps - he loved it this time). We did sit at a table upstairs and order food and were only out until 12, but still a blast. Anyhoo, long story (kinda) short - when I was looking at the band, away from Jason, a guy hit on me! I know it isn't anything big for being in a bar, but for this mom of two that never goes out, it was a major ego boost. I told him I was married, etc, etc and he turned out to be a patient of Jason's office! How funny. I did get a drink out of it, too! Woo hoo! That evening ended up being a lot of fun as a few of our friends were there and it was great to catch up sans kiddos.
Monday night I am going to the local wine bar with a friend and some of her friends, and THEN WE GET TO WATCH THE BACHELOR!!!! it's the finale and there is going to be D-R-A-M-A.
Did I mention yet that this month (basically this week) I found out that two of my best friends in Stillwater are both selling their houses and moving?!?! waaaahhhh. seriously sad news (for me, not them!)
Congrats to Catherine and baby Owen. I think that covers it for now.

1 comment:

Libby said...

Thanks for the update, Stac! Love it all!!! Things at the Walker home seem so much more exciting then ours! ;) Guess our time will come! Glad to hear an update on all areas of life! Give your three guys a hug for us! Love you! We definitely need to come visit soon, maybe when Grant has a soccer game?!? :)