Monday, July 27, 2009

Happy Day, Daddy!

Birthdays. Normally a day to celebrate another year of life on this earth. But, for me, it's a day to honor the man that has shaped so much of my life and has always been there for me. There were definitely "those" days growing up where I would not have liked to have seen him but not too many! Memories of my dad include staring contests, Brown Bear/Rising Dawn, him coaching my teams when I was in elementary, trying to explain math (not that he couldn't, but he was easily frustated), learning how to drive with his yelling "BAM" when I would turn in to the incoming traffic lane, entrusting me to Jason on our wedding, instilling in our family the morals we all have today and a love for Christ, holding my children only moments as they entered the world, working to provide a nice life and good memories thru trips, and just helping out and making us laugh (some jokes not so funny).


Here's to the best Bubba, father-in-law and Daddy a family can have! Happy Birthday, Dad!
We love you!!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

so sweet! He's very lucky to have a daughter like you!!