Sunday, March 21, 2010

spring "BREAK"

and he broke it!!! Grant started a karate class 3 weeks ago, and already scheduled was a "Belt test" and a "board breaking" event - so we went, not knowing what to expect. He passed his belt test and now has a black tip on his white belt. Next step - yellow stripe. On Wednesday night, there was a time students could come and break a board with their foot using a kick - and he got it on the FIRST TRY! He did it twice, and was SO proud. Look how much he is beaming below (so was his family!).


I tried to get the video up here but for some reason, I am having troubles! May try later, and may not try.

It's snowy here - nothing like snow to welcome the first of Springtime!

2 comments:

The Cross Family said...

You must be so proud!!! Oh how different things must be with boys...I love it though, maybe I will have to put my girls in a karate class. :)

Casey said...

Stacy, I absolutely loved this post. Grant is just precious in those pictures! So proud of him :) Love you!

CD