Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Henry, Alan or Sweet

According to the boys, those should be the names of baby #3.

One November 8, we had a good friend go in to labor and so we talked about how they were at the hospital and would come home with their baby boy. Grant and Kyle thought that was so neat, and so I asked if they would ever want a baby. Without hesitation, they both screamed "YES!"

I asked "why?" and they replied a variety of answers including "it would be fun to play with, we can teach it stuff, they are so cute, etc."

They both wanted to know when we would have one, and I said "I don't know" and Grant goes "well, I do. We get to have a baby if God thinks we should have one." I liked that answer.

Then I asked what they would name the baby. Kyle said "Henry." and I said what about for a girl? "Henry is for a girl, but it would be for a boy, too." Grant's choices are Alan (wth?!?) or Sweet for a sister.

ahhhhh.... we love it that they are so excited. And, yes, I did write this on the night that we had this conversation but am just not posting until a later date! I have to keep track of these cute moments.

Also, at 9 1/2 weeks, the baby was a few centimeters long and the heartbeat was 175. that's the fact update!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Alan isn't so bad. Morgan wanted to name Mason Hot Dog and they both wanted George if Addie had been a boy! :)