Saturday, April 16, 2011

I sometimes...


  • go upstairs at night and wake my kids up simply to have them be their deliriously tired selves and to just cuddle and stroke their smooth skin.

  • sneak candy from the kid stash.

  • laugh at stuff when I know I shouldn't. aka - Kyle being chased by a big dog at the park (I myself can be terrified of stranger dogs so it's not funny). It was a nice dog. It started out playing with him and Kyle took off running, and the dog followed, and you could see his face change from happiness to sheer terror. I grabbed him and once he knew he was safe, I laughed. His reply: "I think that dog was going to eat me!"

  • stay in bed in the mornings when I know the boys are awake.

  • look at the caller-ID and don't answer it!

  • tell white lies to the kids

  • buy stuff not on my grocery list

  • get amazed at how much and how fast Grant has learned so much in kindergarten. I truly think I have the best kids in the world (that being said, I would feel sorry for the family that doesn't feel this way!)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You're a great mom! I think everything on your list we all do! :)

Kristy said...

Huh. So that's why you never answer the phone when I call. Now I know.