Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My past-time is here again!

Volleyball: Volleyball is a team sport in which two teams of six players are separated by a net. Each team tries to score points by grounding a ball on the other team's court under organized rules. Definition from wikipedia.


They make it sound so simple, right?


Let's just say that I was too chicken to join a league that I have been asked to join the past three seasons (two of which I was pregnant so they don't really count!). I, however, am playing now. The team is 6-2. The teammates are other moms from around town who really aren't "friends" off the court - except for Jennifer and me! She is a friend from our playgroup, and once when we took our boys (she has two the same age as G and K) to a gym to burn some energy, she served the volleyball over the net - and well! :) So, she is playing. We had a "team bonding" last Friday after our game, and met up with another of our teammates who is the soccer coach at OSU, and had a great time! We, ironically, have a lot in common among our group.


Have I mentioned how great it feels to get back on the court and be playing "real" volleyball after a solid decade away from playing? and how great it feels to serve 11 points in a row? and still somewhat be able to direct my serve? and set the ball up for a teammate to smack down?!?

It's good for my body to be playing.... and really good for my soul!

1 comment:

The Cross Family said...

Glad you are back out on the court! I definitely miss it and it feels like forever since I have played. Also, the boys are so cute, growing so fast. Can't believe you actually have kids that old!