Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Jason had another birthday.  We celebrated a few days late but here we are at his office opening presents.
Family picture!
Grant's baseball team had a scrimmage before our games started.  It just so happened it was Moms v Boys.  This is me after having scored a run (which I don't think ever happened in our co-ed softball league).  I was pitcher and got Grant out at first!  Moms won (by a lot).  So fun.
Here he is playing pitcher at the first game of the season.  Although there seem to be a lot of games, we really are having a great time this season.  Good families and group of kids, and our coaches are very, very good, both at teaching baseball skills as well as being role models.
My punkin swinging in the backyard.
Punkin and me having a quick photo (I did this with the camera timer - we never get pictures!)
First magnolia blossom of the season.  I have always loved magnolia trees.  Not only do they keep their leaves throughout the year, but are pretty.  And they very much remind me of my grandparents' house on a lake growing up.  They had a huge one in their backyard.
Typical post-school afternoon for us.  What you can't see is Reid in the tree swing above Grant's head.  We are almost always outside, with hats on, having fun!
These were my birthday present!  Love them.  I look at them and think "Happiness!"  Plus, they won't die and I don't have to remember to water them in July and August!
Jason and I planned what initially was a cousin reunion for the Hefner cousins but it (fortunately) great to include the parents and Granny.  Within just a few weeks, we were able to get everyone in the family (30+) with the exception of one cousin who was busy sanding wood floors and one who was having a day with her family.  We just simply met at a pavilion at a park and everyone was assigned something to bring to eat.  We played sports and just talked for several hours!  It was great to be together without the stress of the holidays, which is usually the only time we're all together, or a funeral. 
All of the cousins and the spouses!
Tripp and Reid - 7 weeks apart so they are going to be buddies when they're older if the parents have anything to say about it!
We were at the park from 10 am - 4 pm, which is both of Reid's naps.  He finally fell asleep in his stroller about 3 pm and it only lasted 15 or 20 minutes, but overall, he was in a good mood most of the day!

No comments: