Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Memorial Marathon 2012

We both participated in the Memorial marathon this year.  It was Jason's third year to complete the 1/2 marathon, and although his time was slower than last year, it's great for him to say he did it (along with the other 27,000 people who did an event!).  So proud of him!
 I was part of a relay team this year.  I do not enjoy running, nor do I have the time or motivation to train to run the long distances, so my 6.4 miles was just perfect for me!  I did it in exactly a 10:00/mile, which is fine for me.  I started the first few miles at a 9 min pace and couldn't keep it up, and didn't really care!  :)  Jason and I were able to run together until I peetered out.  It was the first race for several of my teammates - every single one loved the event and wants to do it again next year!  Very fun, rewarding, challenging and inspiring.
 Courtney headed home early since she was soooo tired from being in Florida for a week (!!) but here is Taylor, Rachelle, Jen and me.  We followed it by a great meal at Ted's with Jason and Taylor's Dad!
Being the first leg of the relay, I had a lot of time to kill.  I basically sat at the finish line looking for Jason, my four people I really care about who were trying their first full marathon, and then Jen.  Best quote of the day came from a friend who was trying for the Boston marathon and missed her time by a few minutes (had to get a 3h35m time)  "oh well, I did it.  Off to make a baby!"  :)  Love her priorities!

No comments: