Monday, October 1, 2012

Moved!

As I just logged in to this account, I noticed the blog just surpassed 24,000 page views.  That's amazing to me - so for those of you who like to keep up with our family, thanks!

Right now, our family is living with my parents.  We are fortunate they built their home in Stillwater and finished this spring, with room to spare for the unexpected guests of a few weeks!  We closed on our home on Thursday, bought our new home on Friday, but it is occupied through next Saturday, and then we hope to recarpet and paint upstairs (boys' rooms) before we actually move in.  We are excited, though!
As Jason and I pulled out of our old driveway for the last time, we both got teary-eyed and cried a bit.  Great memories in that home.... Once we did our cry, the sadness cleared and we are pumped for the new place!  Anxious to put our own flare and update the finishings to this decade.  We hope it's going to be as great in a few years as we envision it will be for our family.

Funny story:  For about the past two months, I haven't really cooked many elegant, delicious meals.  1. it has to be clean and non-smelly while the house was listed 2. we were out of town for a while 3. started packing our stuff.  So, the first night we are at my parents, we fix salmon, green beans (from a can!), mashed potatoes, jello salad, and homemade rolls (that's what Grant calls them - really rolls from the store that we reheat in the oven).  The 7 of us finish dinner, and as he is getting up from the table, Grant goes "wow, that was the best meal we have had in several months since our house was listed for sale."  It took me a few seconds to really understand what he was saying, and then I (we all did!) died laughing because Jason and I knew it was close to, if not the entire, truth.

No comments: