Thursday, July 3, 2014

health stuff

We went from GG getting her other knee replaced and getting to help her fill her ice, etc, on one Wednesday....

...To finding a hard lump/dr appt/mammogram/ultrasound/biopsy/results within 24 hours the following Wednesday.
It was a day I was thankful for small-town medical facilities where I am blessed to know several people.  That Wednesday ended with my neighbor who was the radiologist telling me that what he found (below) was not benign tissue (ummm?) but he didn't think it was malignant, either (relief).
 
Turns out that it is Acute Mastitis with an abscess and fat necrosis.
Say what?!?
 
Translates in to a really bad infection in the breast that hit me on Friday morning (on our way to Great Wolf Lodge) and left me laying down at any possible time and completely flat for three days.  Fever, chills, the flu at its worst...
 
And then I was allergic to the heavydose antibiotics needed to treat it.
 
one week later I am at least out of bed on the computer, which is saying a lot actually!

 
The breast biopsy results were received at noon on Thursday.  At 2:30 on Thursday, Reiders got to have an echo on his heart at Children's Hospital in OKC.  Turns out he has a heart murmur that is officially as "Small VSD, trivial," which means nothing for now.  Keep listening in future years to see if it goes away or if we need to monitor the size, etc.  It's small enough there is no surgery needed or life changes.  YEA!

 Bubba went with us and had lots of fun playing games with Reid in the waiting room.

He was as good as gold laying on the bed for about 15 minutes!




 I'm pretty sure this was more for me than him but loved it anyways!


No comments: