Wednesday, September 27, 2023

September stuff!

As I write this, it's a beautiful afternoon and I got off work and was ready to be outside.... it is still 96 freaking degrees on September 27! I am over the hot weather.

We love yardwork. Yea! (except leaves - glad we have kids on those two days each year. ha). 
We were able to aerate the grass and get our fescue seed down.
Reid moved into Grant's room officially and has a queen bed, new bedding and has taken over the space like its been his forever!
I don't know why we have this - he looks either hot or sunburned.
Afternoon movie with my parents after work and before football practice was over!
Reid still loves to read!

It's football season for this guy!  He was #23 for away games and 41 for home at the beginning - but now he's 23 all the time. So look for both if I ever post videos here. He is JV running back and then safety, and really prefers to play defense. He's caught several interceptions during practice but as of now, he hasn't been able to do that in a game (a lot of running by other teams kinda hurts the chances!)




big brother was even our flag holder for a game!
Remember when they were little and darling and said Mama?! Google photos sent me this one - we were away on our 10th anniversary trip and Reid walked around carrying my wedding photo one night. He missed me!
I cut off the blond and hopefully am pretty close to my natural color. This was a day when my hair just looked great to me so I had to take a picture!
I have problems letting the dog ride with me now that I have nice interior. I very much restricted him to the covered seat and he didn't like it.  
Our youth group - some fun photos!
Jake started a children's message moment after being there for two weeks!
7th grade dance
"so big"
We're now proud Pioneer wrestling parents so we get to help with their fundraisers - including helping with parking during OSU gameday. This is a nice senior boy who was paired with us - Kyle was elsewhere.  Can you tell a guy made the sign?!  HA!
We sold out of spaces and decided to head to George's Stables for a drink and PurdyQ. You can tell you're a local when you roll up to the bar on OSU gameday wearing yellow and blue, a hat and super casual. We're not into the dressing up in gameday attire - pretty much ever.
I was stuck on the patio holding our drinks while he went to say hi to his friends at PurdyQ. 

It's so weird having a child do a sport where you don't really get to go watch because 1. he drives and 2. that's weird at a MMA gym (apparently!). So I love when pictures like this are shared on social media so I can see just a glimpse of it.
Teaching Reid how to lay and cut sod.
He asked to sign up for tennis so we're in a tennis clinic on Saturday mornings this fall. So far, he has lots of room for improvement but has an interest and potential. 
my main coworker at the moment at the church - Carter. He's there most of the day on Mondays and it's great having someone to talk to again.
Hefner family reunion last weekend. There were a lot of pictures taken but I just am posting my family and my mom with her siblings.  It was super great to see my two cousins who came and their families (met some new relatives marrying in as well). It was a wonderful afternoon.

No comments: