Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Warm Soup for Cold Days

My family (okay, just the adults) really enjoy soups during the cold winter months. Last night, I tried a new recipe that we both liked enough to share it with you! It's quick, easy, inexpensive, tasty and pretty healthy (other than the beef). I've had several Taco Soup recipes and this was by far the easiest we've tried and best.

Taco Soup
(Prep time is 5 minutes and total is 25)
1 1b. lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
3 cans (we only used 2) mild chili beans, undrained
1 can corn, undrained
1 can whole tomatoes, undrained
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 package taco seasoning
1 1/2 cups water
Grated Cheddar Cheese for topping

Brown beef and onions in large saucepan. Add all remaining ingredients except cheese and bring to a boil. Simmer on medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with cheese on top.

Stay warm and be safe on the ice!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stacy,
I just layed all the food out for Taco soup because I thought it would be great for today. Then I got on the computer and saw your blog. Great minds think alike :) Enjoy your soup!