Monday, September 6, 2010

age...shmage

While spending time in college, it seems the students thought the world (at least the town) revolved around them. As a young family, in the same town, it's amazing to me how separate the college life is from the "normal" life here, other than more traffic!
---------
the reason I wanted to make a quick post right now is to share my thoughts on age and beauty.... it doesn't peak at 18 or 20 or 24 like gossip magazines and Hollywood tends to portray females in pictures, roles and stories. Sure, at that age, most girls are pretty.

No brown spots. No fine likes around the eyes. No stretch marks from carrying a child inside your belly.

But I have had the chance to be around several friends from college in the past year because of baby showers, get-to-gathers, random run-ins at restaurants and OSU events....

Every single lady is prettier now than when they were 20.

----I am amazed by each of you. Not only is your outer beauty so wonderful, but man, lovely ladies on the inside shining by far more brightly! It's been great to see my close friends and acquaintances mature and become such LOVELY women. Perhaps it's that we are "with the trends" now (some of us; we Walkers still struggle in that area and always will), or we're truly independent, and it's taken a lot of life lessons in the past decade (plus) to get there.... but for whatever your reason, and there are tons, I am so proud to see my friends become wonderful mothers, successful business workers, great teachers, involved community leaders, lights of Christ, happy wives (and although there have been unsuccessful marriages, too, those friends of ours have grown).

I've basically rambled... but my point is clear: women get more and more beautiful as time goes on. More quickly than we'd like, I'm sure we will start to resemble "old" ladies, but the insides of my friends and peers is so much prettier now than ever. And TRULY, EACH of you is prettier now than you were at 18. I can't think of one who isn't! (have you SEEN some of those Party Pix from 1999?!?!?)

LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

(I know you weren't directly talking about me in this post since I didn't even know you 10 years ago but...)

Yeah, but could I PLEASE have my 20-year old body back? I didn't know what I had til it was gone! :(