Saturday, December 31, 2011

Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon Fundraising Pages

Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon Fundraising Pages

Dear Friends & Family,
I am getting ready for a challenge! On April 29, 2012, I will be participating in the 12th annual Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon – the Run to Remember! This year, I am Tied to the Mission by raising funds to support the privately owned and operated Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum. I have set a personal fundraising goal of $200 and I need your help!
My participation this year will be in the marathon relay event. Jason is committed to the half-marathon for the third year.
Most of you are aware of my connection to the Memorial and Museum. I was an employee for nearly five years and working there provided me so many opportunities. My career development at the Museum enriched my life in various and numerous ways!
One of the greatest contributions of the Memorial is their mission of education, reaching students at a critical point in their lives, when peer pressure, growing responsibility and the need to belong are at their peak. A 13 year-old student visiting from Ohio said, “I feel as though this made people realize that life is precious and should not be taken for granted. It made the world see how one bad decision or one idea ignored could determine the fate of so many people. This bombing was a tragic event that has made so many people realize how important life is so I will end saying live your life to the fullest.”
I am not only participating in this race for the Memorial, but also in honor of the 168 innocent men, women and children who were killed, the hundreds of survivors and the heroic rescuers. Hundreds of thousands of visitors come to the Memorial each year from all 50 states and more than 70 foreign countries. They come 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. They walk away with the challenge to do their part to make this world a kinder and more peaceful place.
As I run, you will be with me in spirit, and your sponsorship will inspire me to run stronger and faster to the finish line. A donation of one dollar per mile is suggested, but whatever you can contribute makes a life-changing impact! With 100% of your donation going directly to support the Memorial, you truly can make a difference and help create a more peaceful world for this and future generations.
Please visit my website for more info, to donate online and for the latest news on my progress! (link above).
Thank you so much for your generous support of me and the Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum!

No comments: