Tuesday, January 3, 2012

OSU WINS...and so does Ben!

Our Oklahoma State Cowboys won the Fiesta Bowl, in overtime, yesterday with a score of 41-38! They defeated Stanford, and the win marks the first BCS win for the Pokes. Today, the team arrived at the airport so we went to greet them! Here are a few pictures from the fun! One of the OKC news reporters/cameramen got the boys on video and they were on a few broadcasts tonight, which they loved! and Ben wins! :) My college dorm friend from Drummond Hall, pledge sister, and "twin" (the same "mom/big" in the Theta house) married her sweetie, Ben, in November. Jana lives in Arkansas and is a teacher. I made the 7ish hour drive there and back in one day to go to her wedding. Jana was and is and will be a great friend to my family and me. Every Christmas, she mails my boys books. She was always there at special events for all of us as we reached our milestones in life. She and Ben came to visit Stillwater last year so we had met the lucky guy before. Jason really wanted to go but that didn't work out. I was so happy to have spent this day celebrating her and her great husband! Plus, I was able to see Amanda, another college friend, who lives in Virginia! Ironically, I have seen her more than any of my local friends the most in the past 15 months, except Erryn. :)

2 comments:

The Cross Family said...

Go pokes, it was an exciting game. How fun for your boys. Congrats to Jana, she looked beautiful!

Grande Family said...

i love love LOVE that you and Amanda were able to be there!!! isn't Jana just too sweet?!?! soo happy and excited for her ;) and way to go COWBOYS!!! love your post, don't stop!!! ;)