Friday, May 3, 2013

Cousin Jake Jake came to play with GG and Bubba for three days while Anne went on a trip and Wes worked.  I took Reid over for a little bit to say hi!  

The big boys came over after school for literally 4 minutes - long enough to pop on the couch and take a group picture since the last one at Christmas.  

Kyle has started smiling with a closed mouth, as evidenced above and below.  Not sure why or how I can get him to change it back to show his precious dimples!!!  I hope it's a short-lived phase.

JW and I volunteered this year for the 13th annual OKC Memorial Marathon.  We were up by 4:30 and in place by 6:30.  We've gone from employee, to volunteer, to half marathoners, to relay participants, and back to volunteers.  I LOVE THIS PLACE!  I hate the reasons for it, but WOW - Oklahoma City, and in particularly my old boss and the staff, have done amazing things in the 18 years since the Murrah bombing.  Especially looking at other locations/memorials - they are so much slower to finish the memorial AND so many of the elements are copied from here.  It's a great place.  If you haven't been to the Outdoor Symbolic Memorial or to the Museum, I will happily take you.  I have two friends who lost a parent in the bomb, and my family had a neighbor die.  Working there, I met so many of the responders and survivors.... I just love Oklahoma.

I got side-tracked.....

Here is the Survivor Tree.  Here is us on "our bus."  We were really glad to have been put on the same bus so we could spend the hours and have the experience together.

This was about 10 minutes before the race gun went off.  Beautiful site.

No comments: