Friday, May 10, 2013

this week

I am sitting at my desk at 8:29.  My house is completely quiet.
Two of my children bounded out the door and are off for another great day at school, and sweetcheeks is still cozy and cuddly in his bed.  I just had the thought, "Isn't this perfect?"

So many days I think "ahhh, it's so noisy and loud!" around here, but I do realize as MY friends have children in high school that this sweet time just goes so quickly!  A mom of four boys told us the other day - "you spend all those years trying to keep your house clean, and then all the kids are gone and you just wish someone was there to make it messy."

(I will try to do both - kids AND a clean house!)

So, my post for this week really has nothing to do with those comments above.  Just a slice of life I wanted to share on the blog!
Our Lifegroup is losing two couples to location moves. We met for one last dinner this week.  
Best of luck, Carlsons and McColloms!  You will be greatly missed!

Mitch and I missed the memo about 'girls on the left, boys on the right!'

Kyle FINALLY lost his first upper tooth.  He has been wiggling this thing since he was FOUR (about the time Grant lost his upper tooth!) and has had many a talk with his daddy about the tooth not being ready!  IT'S GONE!  

Reid and I met some friends at the botanic garden.  This is one of the "slices of life" I talked about above - how much longer will I have a little cherub wanting to hold my finger (my finger!) and who turns around when I say "let's take a picture!" and doesn't argue with me?!?!  Sweet memories in a park.  
Free and priceless.

 This goober just wanted to play peek-a-boo over and over (and over and over). 

Prayers at lunchtime when Daddy came home!

 That's our little guy!  A few more inches on either end of his bed.  
(and TWO years old in two weeks!)

This is Reid's shoe stuck in our yard after rain Wednesday night.
Let's notice a few things:
1. Our yard is actually dirt hence the lack of backyard pictures on here.  It's either dirt or way overgrown brush that we are removing/killing.  
2.  His shoes are nearly brand new (remember this post?)
3.  When your kid starts fussing as you're walking back from the trampoline after he has spent the entire morning fussing and you want to ignore him,.... you may just want to check as he is literally stuck in the mud (I thought of the scene in Swiss Family Robinson where they're trying to free the zebra).  

Pretty deep!!!

1 comment:

Megan said...

awe the praying picture is so sweet, i love how Reid has his eyes closed so tight!