Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mom's Day 2020

These guys of mine are pretty great!  We all got to sleep a little late and then Jason cooked a ham, onion and bell pepper omelet for me.  

I have wanted - for YEARS - to take a long bike ride around our town.  Also, I have not had a Mother's Day at home since Grant was in SECOND grade!  So, we had a beautiful day and I took advantage of it being "my call" and we headed out on bikes for four hours.

Our first stop was Theta Pond where every animal there wanted food and attention from us.

Squirrels, fish, turtles, ducks, birds, geese and their babies... all fed by us.





more kid pictures!

We biked right by the Mathematical Sciences building door where we met nearly twenty years ago!
Glad he opened that door for me!


Kisses!

Around campus... heading north!


Heading up Lakeview on our way back home.


Kyle's bike was messing up, so Jason stopped to help him.  We all went different ways in the Westwood neighborhood.  The three of us got to this intersection to cross... only to discover there is not a crosswalk!  So, we backtracked to get across safely. Jason thought this was a funny picture of Reid, Grant and me.

Pit stop at Braum's for some frozen yogurt!


Jason made dessert!

Grant had a "special" place setting for me for dinner.  
Orange juice with a straw in a wine glass, a sports placemat and jello pudding.  :)
A+ for putting in effort, Grant boy!

Kyle cut flowers for my nightstand!


It was a GREAT day doing something I have wanted for years. 
Thanks!

Also, on this special day I would be super remiss to not mention and thank my mom, sweet Kathy and GG, who blessed my childhood and now adulthood as my friend.  Love you so much and am thankful every day for your friendship, guidance and support.  Best wishes to Ruby, the mother of the man I love, and thanks for loving him and raising him to be great!  Our family is so blessed by loving matriarchs.

No comments: