Monday, October 4, 2021

It's FINALLY October!

I love some fall weather!  Woot woot!  When I went on my walk this morning, it was 52 degrees outside, and just perfect.  YAY!

Our family sure is blessed to have a crazy busy schedule (?!?) most of the time.  It seems that when we get in to a groove, an activity changes time or location and carpools are all thrown out the window.

One less thing on the schedule - Junior High Volleyball.  We finished our season a week ago.  Since then, Jason has already said "Stacy, you have to coach. They love you. You make a difference. That's why we are here - to help others."  Well,...gosh.
(it was pretty cute leaving our Pink Out game when I ran into a group of the 7th graders, and they all started saying "I love you, Coach Walker!" - which Jason heard).

8th

7th

Josh and Madison - our one coach picture for the season, on our last away game.

8th grade after finishing up the Conference Tournament where we went 2-1 to three Edmond teams (beat my alma mater!)

We've missed Tucker! At least they caught up at a game one night!

Double date (boys and girls) to the OSU game.  The boys hit the Suites and the girls enjoyed the Club!

Reid has started Flag Football.  Most of his friends are on a team together, and he has had a blast with this new group of fellas (we knew several of them already) and making new memories.


these kiddos performed a song of the 10 Commandments for the church...

...and then sat together in church and had a fun time!

Cross country is finished for our boys!  They did great.  Our top runners still get to compete at State next week.  Grant cut about 6 minutes off his 5K time this season and finished

I love that they are in the same huddle and a part of the same memories.

Reid's class had their chance to go to Pleasant Valley and pretend it was 1907!  This was a picture of him preparing his dough for his lunch (can only be items you would find on your farm).

Due to Covid, parents weren't allowed but our teacher did a great job of taking pictures.



October 3, 2021 - our relationship is old enough to buy a beer!  Happy 21 years together at Joes, babe!

Artwork from school - self portrait and then a poem about himself.


When in Rome...  or in the Junior High...
As a coach, I have keys to both our middle school and junior high.  So I just HAD to find Kyle's locker and leave him notes.  I went again, about 4 weeks later, and they were STILL THERE.  Melt.My.Heart.  He DOES love me and my sappy signs of affection!

Orange sky - pic doesn't do it justice!

Taking Kyle and Hunter golfing.  If you need me, I'm out driving my teen around so he can live his best life!  After this, they came back to our house, went fishing, and brought 2 bass home to our house.  They then skinned them and cooked them over our chiminea to eat. They were gross but they made a memory!

This would be our sweet, smart, kid who loves to read and loves to pretend.  He was on quarantine from school, but I had to go to the last high school volleyball game, and he go to go with me!  By the last day of September, he was over watching volleyball, so he read for nearly 3 hours!

Land day = exhausted kid

No comments: