Friday, November 14, 2008

Early Bird Gets the...Bug!

The Christmas bug, that is. On my last trip to the neighborhood Wallyworld, I had just started selecting my produce when I heard faint music playing in the background... It was holiday tunes! Not only was it holiday music, the song playing was religious and about Christmas. My heart was very happy and I found myself humming and singing to Kyle on the bread aisle and near the yogurts. Sometimes an occasional skip or little dance was included. I'm sure the security cameras captured us, and if they were bored in the security room, at least got a chuckle from us!

I'm a sucker for Christmas. Not so much the present-side, but the decorations, baking, smells, fellowship with distant family and variety of activities. So, yes, I am three weeks early to be putting my background as Christmas ornaments and playing Bing Crosby and Diana Krall, but here it is - at least I'm smiling when I sign in to my blog!

My house is decorated for Thanksgiving and I am usually one to roll my eyes when the candy aisle is full of red and green candies when I try to buy something for Halloween - not to mention Hobby Lobby's early jump on things.

Let's not forget to celebrate the fall and turkey day but...

Merry Early Christmas!

1 comment:

E.Gray said...

oh yea...pretty sure I caught myself whistling to the Christmas tunes today while at walmart :) Gotta love Christmas. Maybe we can get together with the families soon.