Tuesday, December 23, 2008

High Flying Time

There's our tiny plane. Seriously, smaller than our minivan!

Last night was a fun adventure - one of those "don't pass this up because you'll regret it if you do" sort of moments. After some encouragement from Jason, I agreed to join two friends on a flight around this area to look at Christmas lights. Commercial airlines are rather "old hat" with me (not that I travel that much anymore but they don't bother me). However, a little 4-person plane in the dark was intimidating. It was extremely chilly and windy but we did get to see some great Christmas lights and even were able to see my house from the air!

Great experience. The boys waited in the airport for us and even bundled up to come outside to watch us taxi in. Glad I did it. One really cute part of the whole experience was Kyle - he was SOOOO sweet with me when I got off the plane. I received a lot of kisses from him and hugs in the next 10 minutes. Kind of like he was worried I was gone and then so relieved I was back. For the next nearly 2 hours, we heard in his "quiet" voice with his slight, "thinking" scowl - "Mama. Airbane. Sky. Up. Ride. Airbane. Mama. Ride. Airbane." So we knew he definitely was taking it all in.
Thanks, Julie, for organizing and Laura, for going!

We did follow it up with Mexican food, which in my opinion, makes everything more fun!
________________________________________________________
May each of you have a very Merry Christmas, full of a lot of fun and laughter!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Oh my, you ARE brave. I don't think I could do that. But I hate flying. Glad you had fun!!