Monday, December 1, 2008

It's December?

Normally, I will update our site when there is a something pertinent to write about or if I have something to share... not today! I have fun pictures on my camera that I could post but then again, they are still on my camera and I don't feel like uploading now.

We have so many reasons to be thankful. At our home, we do tend to stress - but it really is about stuff that doesn't matter!! We have love, health and a TON of laughter. What could be better? THANKSGIVING for all of our blessings.

Basically, I'm just saying HEY to my friends and family that joyfully (!!!) check this site, if there are any of you!

We had a nice Thanksgiving. Our time with our extended family in Tyler, Texas, at my aunt/uncle's was great. We thoroughly enjoyed visiting our cousins. Jason did get sick all day on Thanksgiving and then passed it along to Grant for Friday morning and our drive back. As always, love my time with my parents and Wes/Anne. After leaving there, we went to Vanoss and left the kiddos for a few nights so we could enjoy Bedlam and perhaps allow Santa to finish shopping (Thankfully, he did finish! YEA!). Our home is cozily decorated and the outside lights are going to be finalized tomorrow night (or Wednesday!).

I did forget to tell a Kyle story - he bit a hole in his tongue on Tuesday! A literal hole. About the size of a pencil eraser. It took three paper towels for me to sop up the blood to see if it was a tooth, tongue, gum, lip, etc.... we made a quick trip to Daddy's office and he said there wasn't a need for a stitch. What a great education he received in school as it has healed in six days! :)

As my Christmas music is playing on Sirius in our room, our lights and garland are in our living room, and we baked sugar cookies today, I am in the mood for Christmas!

What are your favorite things about this season? Family? Foods? Decorations? Smells? Also, any neat traditions you have with your family and/or kids that you want to share (you can email if you don't want to comment!).

24 Days and Counting....

2 comments:

Libby said...

My favorite thing about this time of year is probably getting all caught up with family and friends. Whether it be great blogs like this, Christmas parties, family gatherings, Christmas cards, etc., it's always a fun season! Then we all come together to celebrate the Reason for the Season! :)

Kelly said...

Our favorite things about this season besides being with family and friends, is the music, food, excitement, joy, fun, lights, etc...pretty much everything! And having kids just makes it so much better! Love checking up on you guys!! xoxo