Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools

Over the years, I have been involved in several April Fool's jokes, whether as the jokester or the jokey (this is a real word according to spell check). But there isn't anything as fun as when I get a text message in the morning that says "hurry up and look outside - it snowed!" from my Dad.

You see, for as long as I can remember, so let's say that past 25 (yes, TWENTY-FIVE) years, my Dad has always woken my brother and I up with a comment about how there is snow on the ground. I fell for it for about 5 of those years. And, yes, it's dorky. And, yes, it's not creative anymore.

But you know what? I treasure it and I know my brother does, too! So, thanks, Dad, for being our corny, fun-loving Dad!

Happy April Fools to all.... and be sure to build really big snowmen and have snowball fights today!

No comments: