Friday, June 10, 2011

Big Boy Stories

Grant: (by guest writer, GG!) A few days after Reid was home from the hospital, I (GG) had an appt. to get my hair colored. In an effort to help Stacy, I asked Grant if he would like to go with me. He loves to work in activity books and read so I thought he could entertain himself for the hour+ appt. In the car going to the appt, I tried to tell Grant what he could expect to happen including that Pat would "paint" my hair to help cover up the gray hair. He quickly informed me I didn't have any gray hair. So, I showed him my "part" and he said "oh, you do!" He behaved beautifully and we had a nice time completed with a lunch date and a trip to see Aunt Anne's library.
A couple of days later, Bubba (Doug) was working from home. We always enjoy Hideaway's lunch menu, so we invited the Walkers to go with us. Grant was sitting between Bubba and me. Out of the blue, he looked at me and seriously asked "GG, why doesn't Bubba get his hair shaded too? He has a lot of gray hair." Needless to say, that provided a good laugh! Not only that he noticed Doug's gray hair for the first time but that he also called it "shaded"! He's a Keeper!!!

Kyle: My longest-time friend, Emily, came up to visit earlier this week. When she was getting ready to leave, we were looking all over for Kyle. I knew he was outside. I finally looked down the street, and he was five houses down, crossing the street (he did look both ways!), with his dad's bike helmet on his head and his book bag (packed with appropriate clothes), and was biking to GG's house to go spend the night... Their rent house is in our neighborhood. Aside from my inner-laughing at how cute and funny it was, I did manage to get upset at him and let him know to always, always tell me when he leaves the house!

No comments: