Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Big Helper

Kyle has really enjoyed trying to be such a big helper with Reid. He always lets me know when he "throws up" (tiny spit up), cries, or poops. Reid usually naps in the co-sleeper in our bedroom, but yesterday, I needed to be upstairs to pick up and decided the big brothers and I would spend time building Legos and Lincoln logs in Grant's room. Thus, Reid got to nap in his own room upstairs!

I laid him down and then headed to Grant's room to put clean sheets back on his bed. I was away from Reid for about 4-5 minutes and then headed back to check on him. As I walked in to his room, Kyle was standing there, bear-hugging Reid, in the middle of the floor. I quickly went to grab him (without even getting mad!!!) and asked Kyle what he was doing...

"Mom, Reid has a poopy diaper! I went to the bathroom to get the stool, and then I picked him up out of his bed and was coming to get you."

What a (whew) helper. I have no idea how Kyle managed to reach that far in to the crib nor do I have a clue how Reid's wobbly newborn neck survived the entire incident.

But what a helpful big brother! :)

No comments: