Friday, June 8, 2012

First week of June

Summertime is here and we have had no shortage of fun things to do so far!  Grant and Kyle have a few families where there is a brother near the respective ages of our kids, so they are extra excited to do things with them because everyone has a friend!  This family would be ones of those - and they had a dual Nerf birthday party.  It was a blast!
 Dressed in camo gear and ready for backyard Capture the Flag!
 (thanks, HC, for lending me your photo of the ice cream man!)  We had our first visit from the Ice Cream Truck this week (and again tonight from a different one!).  I was not able to get a photo, but this truck came down our street.  It was the first experience of this kind for G, K, AND Jason!  I blurred the other people in this photo as I don't know if they wanted to be on our blog!  :)
Reiders gets to go to both of his brothers' baseball games!  During this game, my Dad took him off and they played.  I liked this ornery picture of Reid - ready to go!

 Not really sure why I took this picture.  We were visiting the pediatrician and I think I was killing time!  At this visit, and after a blood test, we have discovered that sweet pea is allergic to eggs.  We're ready to make the needed adjustments to his/our diets to help prevent the body rash/hives/eczema that follows.  Very thankful it is "just" eggs, and not wheat or soy or milk or something much more difficult to manage.
 Hello, Mr. Happy!  We went to "open gym" playtime because the big boys have been looking forward to it for a long time (only happens when they are normally in school).  It was Reid's first time as a non-infant so he it was fun for me to watch him try to start exploring.  Doesn't he look happy here?!?!
 and he's off.  Poor kid behind had to wait a bit but Reid figured out how to climb over these ladder rungs.
 We went to Theta Pond yesterday to feed the ducks.  IT WAS SO FUN!  This is an activity we have done a dozen times, but for some reason, this week was great.  First off, we were the only ones at the pond.  The ducks were soooo very hungry.  The fish were sooooo very hungry.  Even the turtles were trying to get to us to find food.  I guess the college kids usually do a great job on feeding them but they're hungry during the summer!  One little duck got out of the pond and kept following Kyle around.  At first it was cute, and then I think it started to freak him out a bit as he would hop up and down in place saying loudly, "Mommy, this duck.  Help!"
 We went swimming tonight with some great friends at their neighborhood pool.  It was Reid's first time in a pool!  He loved it.  I am a scaredy cat when it comes to pools/water, and besides the fact that I love my husband's company, I was really glad to have another set of eyes on our three boys in the water.  Grant and Kyle can both "swim"... but not really SWIM.  :)  We just aren't in the water too often to practice!
We also had a lot of fun going to a splash pad with Grant's church Konnect group and with our LifeGroup friends! 
We hope your summer has started out as fun as ours!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Hahahahaa!!
Summer is so fun :)

Amanda said...

I love keeping up with you via blogs... Especially since it's been FOREVER since I've really seen you... crazy world! AND... we did the ice cream truck too!!! :)