Wednesday, February 27, 2013

As You Grow Up, My Child...

My days are full, so much to do.
But there should be some TIME for you.
TIME for us to share the things this fleeting time of childhood brings.
TIME to play beneath the sun,
TIME for prayers when day is done.
TIME for laughter and surprise,
TIME for watching butterflies.
TIME for early morning walks, playing games,
and late night talks.
TIME for warmth, a tender touch,
the gentle things that mean so much.
TIME before you go away to taste the joy of every day.
For years will pass so soon it seems,
and you will go to find your dreams.
The days so busy now for me, will then be just a memory.
When that TIME comes,
my heart will yearn these precious hours to return.
So before this busy day is through,
remind me to take TIME for you!
B.J. Hoff

No comments: