Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Grant's 8th Birthday

Mr. G celebrated his Great Eight today - a snow day - with 1" of snow that was melted by 10 a.m.  Really?!?!  So far that makes two days we "get" to make up in the beautiful spring weather.  We've decided the meteorologists are asked to be dramatic because it will increase viewers and ratings.  All predictions so far this winter have been poor.

But I digress from my reason for posting...

Grant is eight!  He was able to spend the day with us, and Jason was even able to be home because of so many patient cancellations!  Here are the boys playing with our neighbors....



He has entered the beginning of the awkward years - big teeth that don't quite fit the face yet.  But he's still so darn precious and wonderful and funny and kind and oh-so-cute!  :)  AND, very happy!


G took Reid for his first sled ride.  Reid actually fussed the whole way - not a huge fan.

We went out for birthday lunch instead of dinner.  Joseppis was his choice.


And we closed the day with birthday chocolate chip cookies since we had cake on his birthday.  New recipe - we love!
How can our babe be halfway to his 16th and driving?!?  And in less time than we've been married he'll be on his own and in college and having to make grown-up choices!  

As I was texting with my friend of 30 years about today - our parents are 35, we are 21 and our kids should all stay about 4.  Isn't that right?  And my Granny is only 60.  However, none of that is true... it's now my own Dad who is 60 and I'm approaching 35.  Geez...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

My kids ALWAYS choose Joseppi's for their birthday. I'm not really a fan of much they serve there BESIDES the bread of course :) Sweet snow days pics!