Wednesday, January 18, 2012

January

It has been nearly three weeks since I last posted?!? What on earth? When did I become "that" blogger who says one thing but doesn't follow through? I guess now... and life happens, and sick babies, and holidays, and some fun, too!

Our Oklahoma State Cowboys defeated Stanford in an overtime game. Below, Richetti Jones, is one of our family's favorite players. I had briefly met him three years ago, and then in the fall, at a Harry Potter movie, we are waiting in the theater lobby when this HUGE guy walks up and gives Jason "a man hug" and starts chatting away. Did not recognize him. Richetti has gotten so much bigger the past three years. SUCH a nice guy; Jason always talks positively about him as a person, not just a football player. So, needless to say, his post-game interview on TV was interesting to us, and then when he flashed this huge smile, I took a picture of the screen, even as Jason is going "no, no, no." Our school system didn't start back for this semester until the second week of January. We took the opportunity to go visit a few places when other kids were already back at school to avoid the crowds. The boys and I headed to Leonardos Warehouse in Enid. We were the ONLY ones on their outdoor play area (in the 60's this day) so it was perfect. Below are just some of my favorite pictures of the boys this day. I especially love the one of Grant and Kyle pushing Reid - they did this for about 15 minutes and were making Reid laugh the whole time.

Kyle was able to sit in a cockpit, pet a snake, saw wood, and dress up as a fireman.

Grant (barely) touched the snake and really enjoyed the wood shop.

Mom had another birthday on the 6th. I made her favorite - German Chocolate - and then we hired a babysitter so the six adults could go out... only to get there and have the babysitter call because Grant had thrown up. Jason and I came home but (yea!) there was no more sickness.

Kyle always asks for me to take his picture with Reid... so here is another...

Reid is up and rocking. No crawling yet (7 1/2 months). His brothers didn't crawl until right after 9 months so I am not anxiously waiting!

Family photo with our camera's timer. This shot: everyone is looking!

This shot: much more flattering of my cheeks and "other" cheeks.

No comments: