Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Smile

Today, I am exhausted. Just physically tired and worn down and ready to nap... But you know what? I have a huge smile on my face! There is just happiness in my blood today. I can't pinpoint its source, but a few things that are making me happy:

- I slept in Kyle's room last night, and within a period of like 10 seconds, I experienced a most overwhelming love, a huge annoyance (he kept talking!), pride, tiredness, and an explosion of gratitude and joy. Super fast, all at once. I wanted to leave, and go to my own bed to sleep, but he kept giving me sweet kisses and rubbing my arm and cheek. Couldn't leave. And now I am tired!
- My Bible study and church. It's all so great.
- The sun is shining!!! Seems this winter has been dreary, and I've missed the sunshine. But, it's here today for a few days, at least. Get outside!
- Excitement at upcoming decisions and actions that Jason and I are taking to get a new lease on our lives, as both individuals and as a couple.
- Personal goals are getting met!

So, as much as I wish I was cuddled in bed, these sleepy, scratchy eyes are going to keep chugging along and enjoy this day that God has made - live and rejoice and be glad!

2 comments:

Sarah and Nick Marquez said...

that was awesome!!! you made me smile!

Casey said...

Absolutely love this. What a great life Stac - so happy for you :)