Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

With all of the pictures below, I am sorry that I did not get a picture of my clean dessert plate at Zio's! Boy, was the Oreo Mountain so very good and worth every calorie!

For Mother's day, we invited both of our moms (and dads!) to join us in Tulsa at the Aquarium as we'd never been there (and moms got in free that day!). The Halls were able to join us and we just had a delightful time! The boys were at a great age to see and appreciate the animals yet young enough so that everything was exciting. Even the adults were impressed and enjoyed it!

Here we are at the water version of a petting zoo. Starfish, egg shells, clownsomething, and somethingsomethingelse. Kyle was very brave, and Grant touched most of it (I even did, too!).
neat pic of the Jellyfish. Kyle was fascinated by jellyfish and the large, salt water fish. Grant really enjoyed the turtles and sharks.
and the Nemo fish!
Here are the boys with G and B (Grant's new names for them) or GG and Bubba (Kyle and us). This was in the Beaver and Otter room right before we were able to watch them being fed. And I was able to run in to one of my OSU Fiji friends that I may not have seen since our wedding in 2002!
Kyle, Grant and I participated in the Stingray and Shark petting time. The sharks are teeth less and just cartilage. Both kids got in there and did it. Here is a good shot with one of both animals.
Family pic in front of a life size picture of a whale behind us (all you can see are the gills (??) near the mouth. It's big).
The boys got to feed snapping turtles some carrot slices.
We didn't get many good shots of the sharks or the tunnel where you walk below them. The camera and lighting didn't want to agree with me.
it was a great day! I highly recommend it, and it's even better with coupons. We found a free coupon for the kids on their website that allowed them to get in free with a signature from their dentist after getting teeth cleaned... how convenient!

Hope all my mom friends had a great day, and I know there isn't anyone else I'd rather celebrate Mother's Day with than my little family and parents.

No comments: