Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Toesies and Flowers

This was an example of my immediate gut reaction to snap at Kyle about making a mess with markers... but I didn't yell when I found him. Instead, as I approached the red marker mess all over the garage floor, his feet and his legs, and said "Kyle, what have you done with the marker? Why did you color your feet with the red marker?"

His response: "because I wanted to have red feet like you, Mommy!"

So, that was a good lesson and reminder to take a breath and be patient when I find a mess to see if there was a good reason for it, or if they're just being crazy.

in this case, I had a huge smile and Kyle got a big hug!
In other news, we have our flowers planted - can't quite tell here but there is a lot of color and variety this year and I have added things that I've never used before.
This is my new flowerpot. It's the smaller version of two that we ordered on clearance from Crate and Barrel. The other one isn't due in until July so it'll have to wait for next season's flowers.

No comments: