Sunday, October 27, 2013

Grant's testimony

Hi!  My name is Grant Walker.  I am 8 ½ years old and in the 3rd grade at Westwood elementary.  When I met with Pastor John, he wanted me to write down my story, or testimony, about how I learned to love Jesus.  My parents and I sat down and they asked me questions so here are those answers and information about me. 

Why do you want to be baptized?
I already asked God to live in my heart forever a few months ago. It happened one night when my parents were tucking me in to bed, and I was ready to say that I loved Jesus.  We had a special prayer together.   I believe what I have learned from the Bible and want to follow God’s word.  I want to go to Heaven and see the people I love who have died, and also see God and Jesus.  One day, I just woke up and realized I wasn’t yet baptized and felt this was important for me to do since I always say I am a Christian.  I know it isn’t necessary to go to Heaven, but I think it’s important for many reasons but one special one is that my two younger brothers should know I am a baptized Christian as I want to be a good example for them.  Mostly, I know that Jesus died on the cross and then he rose again from the cave.  He died for my sins so I can be forgiven, and I think that God and Jesus have the power to heal people.

Who helped teach you about God?
I started learning about God, Jesus, forgiveness and heaven from my mom and dad, and my grandparents.  They have always prayed with me, at meals and bedtime, and my parents like to ask me if I need prayers for anything in my life.  It has made me pray for thankfulness and also to ask Him if I ever need help.  Teachers at my church like Pastor John, Miss Carrie, and now Tallie and Atticus, have also taught me important stories.

Do you want to share any memories of learning about God?
I love listening to k-love radio station in my Mom’s car.  We like it loud and we have dance parties!!  I have always really liked the song that goes “I can only imagine what it will be like when I walk by your side. I can imagine when that day comes and I find myself standing with the Son.”  I have always enjoyed going to church, VBS, and Konnect, and I think these things have also helped me learn how to be a better Christian.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Grant! The Ramsey family is so happy for you! We thank God for you and we will be praying for you as you learn to walk daily with Jesus!