Monday, October 7, 2013

pumpkins

We spent Friday night trying out a new "pumpkin patch" in town.  It wasn't a "pumpkin patch" but more of a carnival-ish event with little games and activities for the kids.  

We had a nice time for about 30 minutes.  
Cutest chicken, sheep and goat I have ever seen!




Our family then talked with a few others we knew at the event and decided to head to the "real" pumpkin patch in Perkins.  Here we are playing and having fun at Grider with the Harris girls.
Kyle and Emily are in class again together this year, and Lakin and Reid will be eventually.

Kyle was sweet and offered to take Courtney and my picture together.  I put them on all here so you can see how it went.  The good one at the bottom was first... and then in sequential order.  As he was taking several, he was just cackling and laughing at himself.  :)

All sorts of entertainment.  We loved the addition of the tractor made out of hay bales.


Annual photo.
If you look closely, you can tell Reid is red and has a pouty face.  I feel I would be doing everyone the disservice of thinking our family is cute and chipper always based on what is posted on here....um, no. 
About 3 minutes before this photo was taken, I asked all the kids to get down off of the hay.  Everyone listened but Reid.  I eventually climbed up there and grabbed him down.  As I was climbing down, holding on to the boy, he literally YANKED a pencil eraser sized chunk of hair out of my head while screaming and crying and throwing a fit.  I held on to the wad of hair to show Jason just so he could witness.  Then it dawned on me that I had short hair with both G and K as little kids so this hair-pulling was never an issue.  I. Do. Not. Like. It.
So, anyways, he was punished and upset here... but, BY GOLLY, I have the 2013 picture, story and all, here to prove we were there! 

No comments: