Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Truck Time! Darth Maul!

My folks bought this 1999 RX 300 in late 1998.  
We bought it from them in late 2004.
This took me to many a work day in downtown and on road trips.
It brought our sweet newborn son home from the hospital in 2005.
It became Jason's car in 2007 when we bought the Toyota.
Moved us to Stillwater. 
Hauled loads of stuff after I would hear "I need a truck" to do this.
(and, yet, btwn the van and Lexus, we didn't need one ever)
BUT, alas....
it was time.
BYE BYE, sweet, dependable, awesome, squeaky car.
You served us well.  Very well.

And welcome to the family, sweet truck!
Hopefully this guy won't be bringing home any babies from the hospital, but I hope in 9 years, I can be as complimentary towards this truck as I am toward the Lexus.

If I were to go look at Jason right now as he is sleeping, I bet he would still have a smile on his face about finally having "his" truck!
Fact: he is 34 and this is the first car he has ever picked out himself that he drives.  He said his dad would find "deals" when he was young, and then he got my Honda Accord when we bought the Lexus, and then inherited the Lexus, too!
I think he is well overdue on some fun driving!!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Kyle's" homework project.  uh-huh.
Read a book, write a report on a character, and then paint/decorate a pumpkin to look like the character.  He did a great job spray painting it black and filling in the red after I created an outline.
But I am pretty sure I spent more time on it.
I think parents should get some bonus points with school work.
And I also think it's way more fun to be the kid having a parent do school work than to be the parent.
Oh, he did do the mouth, too.

No comments: